Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Movies and Elly

Elly-the-dog is five months old today. She is gi-normous.

We watch a lot of movies and lately, it's been almost as entertaining to watch Elly during the movie as it is to watch the movie. Most of the time, she lays next to the couch, peeking around the edge at the TV every once in awhile. Some strange sound from the movie will catch her attention and she'll look up at the TV with her head cocked to the side, a slightly puzzled look on her face. It makes me laugh every time.

We watched Cloverfield over the weekend. In Cloverfield, there is much yelling, screaming and crying. Elly seemed to be paying a little more attention to the movie than usual, but I didn't think much of it.

Near the end of the movie, I noticed that Elly was on her belly, creeping closer and closer to the TV, eyes glued to the screen, until she was right under it. She lay there for a minute, staring up at the movie, then jumped up on her hind legs and started licking the screen.

I called her over and the poor dog was shivering. Goldens can be very sensitive to emotions, and my best guess is that all the screaming and crying were getting to her. I felt a little bad...

So, way to go, cast of Cloverfield. Your performance was so good that you scared my puppy.

No comments: