Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I kinda rock

So. I'm taking an online geography class this semester. I started off pretty great in it, worked hard for the first couple weeks...

Then came Elly. And, I'll be the first to admit, I slacked off. It wasn't all intentional, life jumped into high gear and the down time I had seemed more pleasurable spent doing things like sleeping rather than doing homework.

In said geography class, we are required to do a country study. This country study was to be 10 pages long, have at least 3 sources, only three of which could come from the internet, and there also, in addition to the 10 pages, had to be at least 2 hand-drawn maps. I chose my country (Germany) a couple months ago and intended to get to work on it at some point...

I was pretty sure this paper was due on April 26th. So on Sunday (which would be April 20th), I decided I'd better get myself in gear and get busy. About 3:30 in the afternoon, I told Chris I was going to spend about an hour or two working on the paper and I jumped on the computer...

...And discovered the paper wasn't due on April 26th.

It was due April 21st.

I had a minor meltdown at that point and considered just blowing the paper off. (After all, it's only worth 30% of my grade...) But I pulled myself together and got started about 4:00 in the afternoon...

I emailed my 10 page paper, complete with THREE hand-drawn maps, to my instructor last night at 8:45pm.

During the not quite 29 hours I had to put this paper together, I also managed to take my dog for a walk, watch a movie, sleep for about 6 hours, and work a 9 hour day.

I'm just a little impressed with myself right now.

No comments: