Monday, July 30, 2007

My head works in strange ways

On Friday night, I was teasing my husband about how fast he falls asleep. Seriously, I've never met anyone who falls asleep as fast as he does. It's usually "Good night," and two breaths later, he's out. I, on the other hand, apparently think so much and it sometimes takes hours to get my brain to shut off.

My husband jokingly suggested that I should count and see how long it took for him to fall asleep. I laughed and decided to do just that.

We go to bed. I start counting in my head. My mind started wandering and I'm pretty sure I was starting to fall asleep. I then realized that my mind was wandering, although I was still counting in the background... except the numbers didn't seem quite right to me. I was a bit confused and thought maybe I'd jumbled the numbers up or gotten out of order. I'm still counting as I'm trying to figure out what it is that's not quite right.

I count the next number... silucius. Wait a second. What? Silucius? I don't think that's right...

So, I have a new word. Silucius. Not sure where it came from, but apparently it means "how many seconds it takes for April to fall asleep."

Speaking of new words, I was writing a report earlier today and one of the people involved had a last name of Smith. I apparently got my fingers on the wrong keys, because when I went back and read what I wrote, the last name said "Snorg." I kinda liked that.

2 comments:

~ Brandilyn Collins said...

April, thanks so much for leaving your comment on my Forensics and Faith blog. I'm glad you found our community, and that you've found my NES helpful. :)

Blessings on you and your writing.

Anonymous said...

lol. i too come up with random, nonsense words or thoughts when i'm not quite asleep but also realise i'm drifting off. totally bizarre. :)